CHANDRIS (HELLAS) INC. is a Ship Management Company specializing in the management and operations of tankers and bulk carriers. All vessels are managed from the Piraeus office. The vessels are owned by individual companies and are registered mostly under the Greek flag.
The company was established in 1915. The Chandris Fleet operated in the 1920’s and 1930’s and up until the Second World War.
During the war it lost a substantial number of vessels and rebuilt its fleet with an active newbuilding program in the 50s and 60s.
In 1950 Chandris (Hellas) Inc. became the fleet’s managing company and during the 60s, 70s and 80s, the average number of ships under management ranged from between 20 to 30 ships including 3 N/B VLCCs with an average size of the fleet of 1.2-1.5 million DWT tones.
In 1997 Chandris (Hellas) Inc. has embarked on a fleet renewal and enlargement programme. By 2011 the fleet’s deadweight capacity will be close to 4 million DWT tones with an average age of under four (4) years old.